About Me

My photo
My daughter has just started school and suddenly the house, like me, feels very empty - deserted even. What does one do with so much time??? The possibilities are so overwhelming, it's hard to choose any one thing. And yes, the house is a mess, the kids probably have no clean uniforms for tomorrow and the cereal is still out on the bench from breakfast, but what the hell....

Monday, February 22, 2010

Why I feel the need to Blog..

I feel a little like an alien in an unfamiliar land.  Never thought I'd write a blog.  In fact a couple of years ago, while completing my masters, a girl in my class was talking about her blog, how we needed to visit her blog, how important her blog was to her creativity.  Everyone was nodding along while I was trying to work out if it was some kind of new breed of animal or something.

Now that my second child has started school and I'm trying to force myself to sit at the computer for at least a couple of hours a day to start making use of my MA in Creative Writing (and yes, I know I am a living cliche), I find that my blog is a lovely thing to think about.  It's like throwing my thoughts and opinions out into the universe, never knowing if someone out there will stop to read them, whether anyone will ever  know my blog exists at all.

Somedays lately when I'm at home I wonder the same thing about myself - all these hours at home, alone.  It's like, if no one sees me for such a period of time, is it possible I actually cease to exist for those six hours a day?  Does anyone else feel like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment